Nicole Barens 01
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
Half Moon Bay, California
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
My good friend, Joel, mugging with my glasses.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
It makes me smile. Joel's always playing and being silly -- one of the funniest, most energetic people I know; and he's still the same 14 years later. He's a modern, urban sprite, and I love his energy.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
No, I didn't remember having taken these photos.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
It brings back memories of heading down to Half Moon Bay with Joel, his wife, Carol, my housemate, Marty, and other friends ... having drinks at the Moss Beach Distillery ... taking walks at the beach, laughing, playing, being silly. The truth, though, is that these memories are still being made 14 years later -- except for a wrinkle or two and gray hair here and there (and a new pair of glasses, though a similar style), really not a whole lot has changed -- this is what impresses me the most.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
I imagine it might bring a smile to someone's face. How could you not smile back?!