Andrew Lichtenstein 01
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
A foster child celebrates Christmas with her foster mother in an apartment on Halsey Street in Bushwick, Brooklyn.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
One of the many reasons I love photography is that time passes, and we have this frozen, unchanged moment, that if only for a fleeting, random glance, reminds us of how things beyond our memory might have looked.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
No. I had no idea what was on this film. It has been sitting in a box for over 25 years, unprocessed. I thought the roll would probably be blank. In the days of film, I used to switch out rolls, from tri-x to t-max, from outside to inside, as a way to control the ISO, so I dozens of rolls probably only have a few frames on them that I never returned to.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
It makes me sad-not because it is a sad picture, but for much more selfish reasons. I miss black and white film. I miss being young. What other images are out there, unprocessed, laying in a basement in some brown recluse filled box?
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
Who knows? That is not for me to say.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 1.0MB