Jeffrey Robins 02
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
My father and his father in their kitchen.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
Melancholy and nostalgic. I have an estranged relationship with my father, and this is probably 1 of only 2 photos I have of him. My grandpa has just recently passed away, and my father was recently diagnosed with emphysema; so in a way this picture almost feels like I'm looking at ghosts.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
This photo was taken long before either of these paternal figures of mine became sick, so this makes me have memories of feeling young and innocent; before having to face the realities of mortality.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
They'll probably see it as a fun, inconsequential portrait.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 847.3KB