Jeffrey Levin 02
1. When was this photo taken?
1985 or 1986
2. Where was this photo taken?
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
This is a photo of my girlfriend Nancy Kaye (now my wife) with her nephew Matt. He's playing with a very early electronic toy. It was taken during a visit to her sister's house in Cleveland for Thanksgiving weekend.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
It makes me feel wistful. I was meeting Nancy's family for the first time and over the decades to follow they became my family. I feel the passage of time acutely. My in-laws passed away many years ago, my nephew Matt is grown with kids of his own, and our youth is behind us.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I did not know what to expect.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
This brings back happy memories of meeting my girlfriend's family for the first time. With all of her family there for the Thanksgiving weekend, I was getting to know many people who, unbeknownst to me, would become an important part of my life, as Nancy's husband.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
I think people will notice the concentration of a little boy with an electronic toy -- something that looks very contemporary with today's cell phone's. Yet the hair, glasses, and electronics in the background are very 1980's.