Jennifer Mitchell 02
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
Palo Duro Canyon, TX
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
This is the Lighthouse, the famous rock formation at Palo Duro Canyon in West Texas.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
This photo makes me feel both sad and hopeful. I took this picture during an Easter weekend of soul searching . . . was I actually going to move from West Texas to New York City? (By August of that same year, I was living in Brooklyn. I had no job and knew 2 people). Thirteen years later, I am still in Brooklyn! I miss that girl who would just up and decide to move! It was wonderful, though, to be reminded of her and that part of my spirit.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I honestly had no idea what to expect!
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
This picture reminds me of the stark beauty of West Texas: the big ole skies with lots of stars. Landscapes of browns and reds and greens and blues, punctuated with bright wildflowers. Also, the love and laughter I experienced while living there. I count my friends from West Texas as life long ones.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
I suspect that it might evoke a nostalgia for the West, both the scenery and the spirit. I know it does for me!