Jill Chmelko 01
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
On the highway in the U.S. West
3. Who took this photo?
Jill Katherine Chmelko
4. What are we looking at here?
The view from our U-Haul as my husband and I drove from Boston, MA across the country to our new home in Boise, ID. His hand on the steering wheel is reflected in the trees.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
It brings back our excitement, nervousness, and curiosity about what the West had in store for us.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I couldn't remember what was on the rolls, so it was a nice surprise to see photos from our six day cross-country trip.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
Our friends in Boston helping us pack our U-Haul; our neighbors lined up in our driveway to send us off; our road trip playlist blasting from our iPod; nasty thunderstorms; interesting hotels; changing landscapes that gave us a new sense of pride in our country; feeling closer to my husband than ever.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
It might take viewers a second to see my husband's hand reflected in the trees, but once they do I hope it will give them a different take on the image - perhaps another layer to ponder beyond the natural scenery.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1818x1818 / 1.2MB