Tequila Minsky 04
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
backyard of my apartment building on Thompson St. in Soho
3. Who took this photo?
I took the photo
4. What are we looking at here?
This is an attempt at a self-portrait. I had these braids put in, actually extensions to my hair, in Haiti. Took about 14 hours and two days. I'm trying to take my own picture with my DSLR, against the wall in the back of my building.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
I'm happy to see a photo of those me with that monumental effort of my hair. Such a long time a go. About 20 years.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I sent in a number of random, undeveloped rolls, so each frame was a great surprise as to what would be revealed.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
I remember having my hair braided in Haiti--both days..., having my hair like this in New York, and how happy I was when I had the extensions taken out.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
It's a surprise for those who never saw it, and a memory for those who remember.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 1.6MB