Valentina Zavarin 01
1. When was this photo taken?
After World War II
2. Where was this photo taken?
Germany, near Ravensburg
3. Who took this photo?
Friend or family
4. What are we looking at here?
Leaving for America
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
It reminds me how happy I was to start a new independent adventure.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
No. I did not think anything would come of this roll of film. It has been exposed to the light for years. What a surprise. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw these images. Really a small miracle.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
I was leaving alone to America with my aunt. Time for adventure away from my mother and siblings. I remember how excited I was for this new life after World War II.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
Surprised that there was such excitement and playful joy after such a tumultuous time, to start a new life.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 688.5KB