Tequila Minsky 01
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
Trinity College-Hartford CT
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
Mama Lola, Vodou Priest/Mambo and I think Nicole Miller, another Vodou Priest/Mambo, at Trinity College during a symposium of KOSANBA- a scholarly association for the study of Haitian Vodou.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
I am impressed that these two were part of this presentation (as well as how little I understood at that time.)
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I had no idea that this roll--documenting this seminar—was included in the rolls that were my lost/developed film.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
I was relatively new with my involvement with Haitian culture, and I went to this seminar for one day. Participants were very generous with my naiveté. Subsequently, I've had more exposure to vodou practices and now understand what I'm looking at in this picture.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
People who know the subjects, or who were at the conference will be delighted to see the subjects of this photo.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 1.6MB