Gary Fisher 01
1. When was this photo taken?
in the 1990s
2. Where was this photo taken?
Switzer Falls, San Bernadino Mountains, California
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
This photograph is an environmental portrait of my wife before we were married.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
6. Is this what you expected to see?
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
Seeing the photograph brings back memories of that entire day where we hiked and I did photography. It's a small touchstone of our past life - a reaffirmation that reliving the past enriches the present.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
I think that viewers will respond to the asymmetry of the composition and the shifting focus between the woman, the hillside, and the cactus.