1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
This is a portrait of an old friend named Justin, taken on a spring day walking around our neighborhood, making pictures together.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
The photo came as a surprise, considering we had a bit of a falling out and hadn't spoken in a few years. I'm quite pleased with the image, and I've been inspired to pick my Hasselblad back up and shoot film again.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I had no expectations of what could have been on the roll, but there is a certain mystic quality and profundity about it, like the universe played a part to bring us back together.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
The photo brings back memories of our friendship, the conversations we would have about art, and has actually reconciled us to a certain degree.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
Justin loved the portrait, and I do as well. He looks noble. I never know how people will respond to my images, but the most important thing to me is whether or not I like it.