Sofia Adams 2
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
Somerville Theater, Davis Square, MA
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
One of the managers at the Somerville Theater is adjusting the movie titles on the marqui in Davis Square on a rainy day.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
This photo makes me deeply nostalgic for working here during the summer in college. It wasn't great pay, but we ate tons of free ice cream and popcorn and my coworkers were generally a delight.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I had no idea what was on this disposable camera. It had come with me over several moves and I had no idea when it had been shot.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
This photo brings back memories of seeing the same movie credits over and over while cleaning theaters, of only eating popcorn and ice cream for a whole week (would not recommend,) of sneaking into the balcony to watch live performances, of drawing our own contributions to the Museum of Bad art, of cleaning up throw-up in the theater bathroom, of furiously biking to work to make it on time, of watching Keytar Bear play in Davis Square, of watching bad movies just to stay in the AC.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
I hope people can figure out what's going on.