1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
A car parked in a neighborhood in Oregon
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
The photograph evokes nostalgic feelings of a time before I was born, and a place both far away yet familiar and local.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
The blurriness was, at first, an unwelcome surprise. I also don't recall taking this photograph, even though the subject matter is certainly the kind of landscape I gravitate towards.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
I am recalling why I was drawn to this scene - something about the way the sunlight fell through the trees on to the old car. I was visiting Portland for the first time and walking through neighborhoods, away from the tourist centers as I usually try to do when traveling, made me feel like I was able to see the city in a more unique light.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
The style of car coupled with the dreamy treescape and fragment of the house might evoke the same feelings of sentimentality I have in me.