Paul Maliszewski 01
1. When was this photo taken?
1995 or 1996
2. Where was this photo taken?
Syracuse, New York
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
This is a picture of Monique, my girlfriend at the time, asleep, with our two cats. Charlie is snuggled into the blankets, and Kelly is sitting up, looking back at me.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
Oh, a mixture--a little happy, a little sad, but glad to have the photo. It's like getting back an old memory.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I figured the roll of film was from when I lived in Syracuse, but I didn't know what to expect. I wasn't sure any pictures would come out, after all these years. I hadn't exactly taken care of the film. It was just sitting in my desk; I'd moved with it several times.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
A lot of fond sensory memories. Just the way the things in the photo evoke, for me, our apartment. The floral comforter, the flannel sheets. It must have cold. Monique's lamp. Even that plastic cup on her nightstand. Charlie always liked to snuggle.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
I don't know. To me, it's so personal. To someone else, I don't know what someone else will think.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 796.4KB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive