Deb Klein 02
1. When was this photo taken?
Guessing around 2006 or 2007
2. Where was this photo taken?
Coney Island USA
3. Who took this photo?
I took the photo
4. What are we looking at here?
We're looking at the iconic Wonder Wheel. One of my favorite objects to shoot.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
I feel so happy every time I shoot at Coney Island, and every time I look at my images from there. It holds a dear place for me. I've always been drawn to the seaside and old piers and parks. Also, being a native New Yorker, this is always available to me and I try to go and shoot there a lot. This photo feels especially good because of the feel of the film and the imperfections.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
Not sure because I didn't know what was on the roll I submitted, but to be honest - I am not surprised because I love to shoot this ride!
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
The smells and sounds of the park and the boardwalk....
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
I imagine people will remember their own experience there, when they look at this? Or if they have never been, perhaps imagine what it is like...
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1381x1381 / 719.5KB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive