Mark Jensen 02
1. When was this photo taken?
Probably early 1990s
2. Where was this photo taken?
Highway 240 near Hanford Site, Washington State
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
This is probably the B Reactor, the first full scale production nuclear reactor in the world. It looks like I took the photo from the public highway looking down at the reactor which lies near the Columbia River. I'm guessing on the time frame but today the two water towers are not there anymore.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
Nostalgic--I have worked at the Hanford site for nearly 37 years and even though I could see this old reactor almost daily for much of that time, it still brings back a wondering of what it would have been like to work at Hanford during the Manhattan Project during the war.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I had no idea what would be on the roll.
7. Does this photo bring back any memories?
Lots of work memories.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
Maybe a sense of wonder at what this strange building is out in the middle of nowhere.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 872.8KB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive