Leta Ward 01
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
My ancestral home (still Mom's)
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
Our friends Jay and Meno. This is my home where I grew up in San Diego, and where Mom still lives. I recovered this film after my apartment fire in SF and the rolls had been in a drawer since, which is why the image is damaged. Our friend Jay died from a brain tumor in 2005. This was a precious image to come across, totally unexpectedly.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
Jay was a gem of a human. It made me sad, while bringing back a flood of emotions by seeing his genuine smile. We all miss him still and always will. Meno is a life-long friend and will alway be. Much love.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
Not at all. I had no idea what to expect. My film was in a drawer and survived a fire. Amazed to see anything from it.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
Friendship shared at Mom's home. Always open doors on the holidays.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
They will see the beauty in a moment of connection with those you love to spend time with.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 1.3MB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive