Susan May Tell
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
The High Line viaduct before becoming The High Line Park
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
Man and nature made remnants of a viaduct which opened in 1934 and was abandoned about 50 years ago.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I had forgotten taking this roll so I didn't have any expectations. Yet looking at the images I remember taking each and every photograph as if I was still there. I know why I took each frame, what I was trying to photograph, even those that are less successful.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
How "things" tell stories. Show memories. Speak to the past and nurture the present and future. Details matter.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
I really don't know. Two friends had very different reactions. One said: "that lock oozes a lot of mystery for me." The other found it too uncomfortable to look at since it was like a grave in a cemetery.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 1.7MB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive