1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
"Artist's Studio Frames the World" is the title I would give to this photo. We are standing inside an artist group's rented studio (you see a painter's easel silhouetted by the left-most window, for example), enjoying the view of the Androscoggin River and autumn-colored trees on the sunny nearby island, and also on the farther shore.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
Happy, contented, and "lit-up".
6. Is this what you expected to see?
It had been so long since this photo was taken that I'd forgotten the scene, until you kindly developed the roll. Thanks!!
7. Does this photo bring back any memories?
Yes, a very pleasant journey through Maine 3 years ago.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
I hope the artists whose studio I visited might enjoy seeing this photo. And I hope your audience appreciates the black "framing" of the three colorful scenes, made additionally interesting by each end window's 18 smaller window-pane-"framings".
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 786.9KB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive