Mark Jensen 01
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
Maryhill Museum, Goldendale, WA
3. Who took this photo?
As near as I can tell, I did.
4. What are we looking at here?
This is the exterior of the MaryHill Museum of Fine Arts, near Goldendale, WA. It was originally built by Sam Hill for his wife, but she died before the house was complete. Sam Hill then converted it into a museum.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
A bit nostalgic--I've been there several times over the years, and every time I make the trip to Portland, OR I can see the mansion on the hill across the Columbia River, and think that maybe it's time for another trip, but I never stop.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I had no idea what was on this film.
7. Does this photo bring back any memories?
This, along with some other shots on the roll of a chess set exhibit, remind me of a high school field trip to the museum. I remember really liking the chess sets, and here they are again.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
I figure most people will think this is a pretty neat looking old mansion.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 1.1MB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive