Lois Youmans 02
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
Penn Station, NY
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
Image shot from the hip while walking past people on a train platform. Technically, it's a terrible image, but I was drawn to the almost identical hats worn by the two strangers.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
I feel like I'm looking at footage from an old b&w movie.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I expected a blurry image, and hoped for the hats to be in the frame. I wish the composition was better.
7. Does this photo bring back any memories?
I have a childhood memory of being terrified of subway trains and the masses of people getting on and off. I guess it was a fear of being lost in the crowd.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
Most will see nothing but the technical shortcomings, but some will relate to the anonymity of mass transit commuters.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 881.3KB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive