Sandra Alcosser 01
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
Ten Spoon Winery, Missoula, Montana
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
A woman in a velvet dress turns to a man in a coonskin cap in the Rattlesnake Valley of western Montana. The man holds a tumbleweed in his lap. They’re about to begin a dramatic reading of Macbeth.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I kept the last roll from my late-mother’s camera on my desk for fourteen years. Volunteering to have it processed was like agreeing to attend a séance ; however, when the images arrived, my mother was nowhere to be seen. We the living crowded every frame.
7. Does this photo bring back any memories?
Friends, whom I have not seen for years,and my late- mother, who knew none of these friends, knot together now like necklaces neglected in a jewel box.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
So Macbeth, how’re things at the Alamo?
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 841.9KB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive