Sharon Mondry 01
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
This is a Jewish briss, a circumcision ceremony, for a baby boy on his 8th day of life. He is surrounded by close family, and his Grandfather has the position of honor holding the child. His Grandfather has since passed away.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
Definitely a reminder of a closer, happier time.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
No. I had no idea what we'd find.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
A closeness with family.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
It's quite a significant event in a Jewish family. I hope people will be in awe of getting a glimpse of this private family event of bringing a male child into the Jewish faith, the same way that Jews have been doing for thousands of years.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1811x1217 / 1.8MB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive