Valentina Zavarin 02
1. When was this photo taken?
After World War II
2. Where was this photo taken?
Germany, near Ravensburg
3. Who took this photo?
Family or friend
4. What are we looking at here?
Leaving for America.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
It reminds me how happy I was to start a new independent adventure.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
No. I did not think anything would come of this roll of film. It has been exposed to the light for years. What a surprise. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw these images. Really a miracle.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
I was leaving alone to America. Time for adventure away from my mother and siblings. I remember how excited I was for this new life ahead after World War II. Everyone is smiling but I remember they were in a shock that they were left behind.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
Surprised that there was such excitement and playful joy after such a tumultuous time, to start a new life.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 755.9KB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive