Nancy Kaye 03
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
At a mannequin factory in London, England
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
A factory worker holds firmly to the leg of a mannequin that is in the process of being completed.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
This photo makes think back fondly to my early career as a freelance photojournalist living and working in London. It makes me feel wistful about the many opportunities and unique experiences that I was fortunate to have as a young photographer.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
No, but I am delighted to remember watching and documenting how mannequins are made. I'm also glad to have these images to add to others that I shot and processed at the time. Somehow this roll got lost!
7. Does this photo bring back any memories?
Yes, it brings back memories of a time when I was discovering a new city and felt creatively fulfilled. I enjoyed a diversity of photo assignments and exploring, with my camera, places I was curious about.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
I think others will see some humor in the way that the worker holds onto the sculptural human form.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 1.5MB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive