William Latshaw 01
1. When was this photo taken?
~25 years ago, c. 1992
2. Where was this photo taken?
I think it was up Schnebly Hill Road, near Sedona, AZ
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
A detail of a sweet, old Cedar or Juniper? tree.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
I love the colors and textures. It speaks to how adversity can also bestow strength and interest.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I had no idea what might be on this film. It's been around 25 years (and several lifetimes) since this photo was taken.
7. Does this photo bring back any memories?
It was taken during a solo 'vision quest' trip at a major fork in the road of my life. The memories that it stirs are complex, full of anticipation and fear and fun. I was shifting from a conventional life as a business person with the house & the pool, a kid going into college, and taking a hard turn down the road less traveled.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
They'll probably just see a cool, old tree.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 1.9MB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive