Jeffrey Levin 01
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
A memorial sculpture of Chief Rotaynah, dedicated to the Native Americans of Ohio. The photo was taken by my wife Nancy when we were visiting old friends of hers in Akron, and went to see this sculpture with their two young children, who can be seen in the photo, along with their father.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
It brings back a memory of a trip that I had completely forgotten about. It makes me feel the pointed passage of time.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I had no idea what to expect.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
It is touching to see this image from so long ago of friends we have stayed close with over the years. Indeed, just a few years ago, we went to the wedding of the young girl seen in the photo—now a woman in her 30s with an infant daughter of her own.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
They may be intrigued by this monumental memorial and be curious as to its significance.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 1.8MB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive