Susan May Tell 01
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
The High Line
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
Remnants of the High Line viaduct of the elevated New York Central Railroad's West Side Line prior to its reconstruction and landscaping, and which became the High Line Park we now know.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
Thrilled: I had wanted for years to access, see, experience and photograph this abandoned viaduct. When tours were offered before it was modernized, I jumped at the chance. Grateful: To have had the opportunity to visit it since it was everything I imagined it would be.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I had forgotten taking this roll so I didn't have any expectations. Yet looking at the images I remember taking each and every photograph as if I was still there. I know why I took each frame, what I was trying to photograph, even those that are less successful.
7. What kind of memories does this photo bring back?
New York City before it became High-Rise Condo Central. Bigger and newer is often not better.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 1.4MB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive