Jonathan Schafer 01
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
Dupont Circle Washington DC
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
An unknown man walks away from the camera (Canon FT) in the middle of Dupont Circle. This image would be what my mother called an "art shot".
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
Surprised that I took this urban scene with strangers in it.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
No...I only knew that the roll of film was exposed on 6/10/1980 and had no idea what images would be on it.
7. Does this photo bring back any memories?
Yes, I was working for the Civil Aeronautics Board at the Universal Building on Connecticut Avenue, north of Dupont Circle in Washington, DC at the time. I used to bring my camera to work and would often spend my lunch hour walking the streets or sitting in the local park. But I don't remember why I took this picture.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
Perhaps an appreciation of the aesthetics of the composition and the grainy black & white film image.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1700x1109 / 1.4MB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive