Glenn Berube 01
1. When was this photo taken?
2. Where was this photo taken?
Fish Monger on commercial St., Portland, Maine
3. Who took this photo?
4. What are we looking at here?
An old fish mongers with the proclamation that they are open on Sunday but I shot this on Sunday around noon and the sign says they are closed. It struck me as funny.
5. How does this old photo make you feel?
Like I must shoot film again because digital took away the magic.It makes me remember why I picked up a camera in the first place.
6. Is this what you expected to see?
I didn't know what was on the film. I was doing most everything in digital and just took a walk with the RB-67 to get the feeling back.Never processed it because I didn't want to buy new chemicals for one roll, so it was forgotten.
7. Does this photo bring back any memories?
Yes. In those days I had a renewed fascination with the beauty of the mundane.
8. How do you think others will respond to this photo?
Quite differently from me, I expect. I hope they find it has a nostalgic appeal and perhaps find some beauty in the simple elements of the image.
- Lost Rolls America
- Image Size
- 1523x1226 / 1.0MB
- Contained in galleries
- Lost Rolls: The Archive